This entrance examination assesses international students’ motivation to study in Japan.
In order to create internationally diverse campus, we offer reduced enrollment and tuition fees at half price of domestic fees.
Entrance Examination for International Students (Applicants who live in Japan)
- 1. Those who can acquire or renew a student visa
- 2. Those who have completed, or expect to complete, a 12-year course of study by March 31, 2019, and those who possess equivalent qualifications designated by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)
- 3. Those who have achieved a minimum level 2 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) or equal level of Japanese proficiency
- 4. Those who have guarantor residing in Japan (You will be required to file a photocopy of identification of the guarantor such as driver’s license when enrolling)
|Application date||Examination date||Result notification|
|First term||January 4 to January 22, 2019||January 26, 2019||February 2, 2019|
|Second term||February 5 to February 15, 2019||February 21, 2019||March 2, 2019|
*Application documents should be submitted during the application period by postal mail or in person to the academic office during regular business hours (9:00-17:00).
*The applicants will be notified by mail on the notification day above.
|First term||February 4 (MON) to 14 (THU), 2019|
|Second term||March 2 (SAT) to 8 (FRI), 2019|
Applicants should take the entrance exam, obtain an application form, pay the examination fee and hand in the following documents by the deadline (1 and 2 should be attached to the application form).
- 1. Application form with an affixed photograph (4cm x 3cm)
- 2. Examinee identification card in duplicate with an affixed photograph (4cm x 3cm)
- 3. Diploma and transcripts of the latest school graduated from in home country
- 4. Certificate of residence
- 5. A photocopy of passport (the page containing name, date of birth, passport number, photo, immigration status, and expiration date)
- 6. A photocopy of residence card (front and back)
- 7. A list of all schools attended in Japan with certificates of enrollment, completion, transcripts and attendance records
- 8. A photocopy of certificate of Japanese proficiency (Grade notification of Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students / Notification of admission decision of Japanese Language Proficiency Test)
- 1) Documents screening
- 2) A 60 minute timed Japanese writing test
- 3) A 30 minute Japanese language ability test
- 4) A 20 minute individual interview
*Those with TOEIC score above 600 are exempted from the English test. Applicants must provide proof of TOEIC score within the two year period.
Admission Results in 2018
International Social Studies Department, Faculty of International Social Studies
|Examination||Number of slots available||Applicants||Admitted students||Competitive rate|
|International students||Varies by year||19||8||2.38|
KYOAI GAKUEN UNIVERSITY
Entrance Examination Fee
Tuition and Fee
Tuition and fee for international students are as follows. Entrance fee and tuition for International students is half of general student
(After 2nd year)
(After 2nd year)
Tuition and fees as of 2019
Enrollment Guide for Applicants who live outside Japan
Applicants who live outside Japan should take Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) and get a decision to pass or fail depending on the results.
(Please contact entrance examination information center for more information)